Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Fairytale of New York

You have to hand it to the BBC, they really do try to be creative and bring quality entertainment to their audience. This year they've asked two of the most hyped female singer in the country to sing Xmas classic "Fairytale of New York", depiste the results, the initiative is to be applauded

First stop: Florence Welch of Flor & The Machine fame with none other than Billy Bragg



I'm not a big Florence fan and it doesn't exactly win me over, it lacks the tension, what do you think?

Next Paloma Faith with the singer from Scouting For Girls. Incidentally, Faith first got noticed for her track "It's Christmas (and I hate you)". The 24 yr old Londoner has an album to her name rel earlier this year.
As mentioned before, I find the 'look at me I'm soooo crazy' stick rather tiresome, but here goes nothing



Oh this is a bit depressing... let's listen to the original by The Pogues & Kirsty McColl [1987] and forget those meh! covers




It's more like it!



No comments:

Post a Comment