Monday, December 14, 2009

Bill Callahan " My Friend"

Bill Callahan, also known as Smog, has been making lo-fi music since 1990. He has a very distinctive voice, deep yet somewhat cold. He has released 11 albums under the Smog moniker and 2 as Bill Callahan.
I completely fell in love with his Red Apple Falls album in 97, with his "Dress Sexy At My Funeral" song in 2000, and have always been touched by his music, consitently good, simple musical structure with thought-provoking lyrics.

I'm ashamed to say that I missed his last album: Sometimes I Wish We Were An Eagle but it's still streaming on youtube so here a track called "My Friend"



Now if you like him and don't know much about him, you've got some catching up to do!
Here's his full discography, ready?

As Smog
And As Bill Callahan:

More info HERE

No comments:

Post a Comment