Sunday, October 30, 2011

Introducing Jessica Jalbert

Thanks the great blog Twentyfourbit, I've come across new singer-songwriter Jessica Jalbert.

I can't find much about her except that she's from Edmonton, in Canada and she has an album titled Brother Loyola out about now.

Here's a lovely track, Lack of a Lake, that you can get for free on her site




I love the sweet nostalgic feel of her sound, the voice reminds me a bit of Holly Miranda or a quiet version of Annie of Giant Drag fame.
It's not all twee and quietness though, single Paris Green does have some layers of guitars and beating drums. I'm a tad less convinced by her voice here though. 



Last but not least for you electronica lovers, previous dream-pop single Necromancy has been successfully remixed to create a great soundtrack to a lazy Sunday Morning in bed.




Now it's time for a croissant dipped into milky coffee, if you'll excuse me.

No comments:

Post a Comment