Thursday, January 28, 2010

All work and no play makes Sophie a dull blogger

Many apologies, work has been taking much of my time and I've neglected the blog a little bit. Another thing is that although I have a HUGE pile of CDs to go though I've only been listening to 2 albums this week. The fantastic 'One Life Stand' by Hot Chip and 'Hidden' By These New Puritans.

I already liked their first album eventhough it was pretty obtuse and hermetic, something in these kids' attitude got me interested. It was with great anticipation that I put their new CD on my player and boy was I in for a treat. I had to play it 3 times in a row to make sure I wasn't dreaming. I LOVE the way it makes me feel about music: it's so clever, so forward-thinking, so different and delivered with aplomb...I had goosebumps and felt like in a trance. It's quite rare nowadays for me to have such a physical response to music so I really wanted to share it with you.

'Hidden' is not to everybody's taste but those who unlock its doors will be pleasantly rewarded. From the shamanic drums to the brass sections the album twists and turns seamlessly into many musical territories... there is plenty to be surprised and enchanted by in these 11 tracks.

Here's the first track that was released at the end of 2009, just because it's epic and translates the mood of the album brilliantly.
These New Puritans 'We Want War'



<3 style="font-family: trebuchet ms;">

No comments:

Post a Comment